The Junior Squad is just back from an excellent Training Camp at the Cambridge University boathouse at Ely. Wonderful facilities, great water, and massive progress from every junior so we are already looking at dates to go back next Easter. As well as our five days on the water, the squad enjoyed talks from specialists on nutrition and sports psychology, picking up several tips to enhance their training and racing. We also had an extended session with our Strength and Conditioning coach on injury prevention, stretching and foam roller massage techniques. While we were there, we were among the first to congratulate Rob Baker on his appointment as Head Coach for the Cambridge University Men’s Boat Club, as he was at the boathouse preparing his crews for GB trials on the day of the announcement. Rob started his rowing career as a Rob Roy BC Junior so we’re very proud of him. What a fabulous start to our summer racing season! Go Robs!
- Try Rowing – thanks to Curly!
- The three rs: rest, refuelling and recovery for rowers
- Stretham Head, Saturday 23 February 2019. A new head race organised by Rob Roy Boat Club
- Train smarter to improve your performance
- Future rowing champions are launched as pupils seek victory at Rob Roy’s ‘Try Rowing’ Boat Races