Dear Rower, In the coming months, the sport and exercise science department at Anglia Ruskin University in Cambridge will be investigating the effect that saddle position has on cycling time trial performance. We are looking for rowers, who do not train with a bicycle, to form a group to compare the cyclists to. The testing would involve a single exhaustive cycling test followed by a series of four 4km cycling time trials, all during separate visits, where the saddle position will be changed slightly. We are hoping to recruit male rowers between the ages of 18 -35 yrs who have at least 2 years of racing and training experience. You will be paid and also receive a detailed physiological and biomechanical assessment of your cycling. If you meet these criteria and would like more information please contact me via email – email@example.com.
- Try Rowing – thanks to Curly!
- The three rs: rest, refuelling and recovery for rowers
- Stretham Head, Saturday 23 February 2019. A new head race organised by Rob Roy Boat Club
- Train smarter to improve your performance
- Future rowing champions are launched as pupils seek victory at Rob Roy’s ‘Try Rowing’ Boat Races